Marketing Strategies for Artists
Artists often ask me how they can gain access to the numerous contemporary art fairs around the country and the world. Reputable gallery-based art fairs do not typically provide or rent booth space to individual artists unless they are invited to produce a specific work of art or installation for the fair.
So what options do artists have to exhibit their work and which avenues are best for developing a serious career? I can help you navigate the sometimes confusing world of galleries, art fairs and curated exhibitions.
- My services include:
- Review and edit artist statement, website, and marketing materials to better reach your targeted audience
- Evaluate existing website and content in collaboration with my partner Toby Braun
- Determine the best markets for your work and whether to participate in artist-only fairs
- Develop targeted list of appropriate galleries for your work
- Develop strategy for speaking with galleries at gallery-only art fairs
- Coordinate non-gallery exhibits (Miami area preferred). Potential service areas include venue selection, curating, advice on pricing, development of print materials, media contacts, and mailing lists