Read An Art Fair Primer an interview with Ilana Vardy at ArtBusiness.com
Marketing Strategies for Galleries
Art fairs of all types are one of the industry’s most indispensable avenues for galleries, private dealers and artists to reach a large audience of collectors and art world professionals in a short period of time. Although most galleries acknowledge they should participate in fairs, not everyone knows which ones are most appropriate for their gallery program, how to be accepted and what to do once they are there. I can make this process easier.
Even if you are not inclined to participate in fairs, you may find some of the services offered below to be useful as well.
- Additional services include:
- Review and edit marketing materials to ensure that all information is essential and presented clearly and professionally. This includes website content and design; brochures; press releases, email blasts, etc. Original writing of such materials is also available
- Art fair recommendations, both national and international and how to prepare your application
- Art fair preparation: assistance with artist selection, booth design and any other fair matters
- Redesign existing website and content in collaboration with my partner Toby Braun
- Introduction to potential partner galleries for artist/exhibition exchanges outside your region, including internationally
- In the Miami area, coordinate VIP events that attract new visitors (i.e. a panel discussion on a significant current art-world topic). Services may include: selection of panelists and accompanying exhibition; invitation concept; creation of press materials; media contact; mailing lists